About Bill Carrigee, Sr.
Mr. Carrigee was employed by the City Of Bay St. Louis Building Department from 1993 to 2006. He was the Floodplain Manager from 1995 to 2006. In 1995, Mr. Carrigee was appointed to the position of Building Official. In this capacity, he was responsible for of all phases of construction and permitting, including issuing permits for all developments in the floodplain.
He decided to open Carrigee Consulting, LLC to provide the construction community with a full service, one stop store that could assist them in all their construction service needs, one they could trust and rely on. Since opening, Bill has helped hundreds of clients with all of their code, construction management, educational and contracting needs.
Certifications by International Code Council:
- Property Maintenance & Housing Inspector
- Housing Code Official
- Building Inspector
- Plumbing Inspector
- Mechanical Inspector
- Building Plans Examiner
- Mechanical Plans Examiner
- Plumbing Plans Examiner
- Plumbing Code Official
- Mechanical Code Official
- Building Code Official
- Residential Combination Inspector
- Certified Building Official
Certification by Association of State Floodplain Managers:
- Certified Floodplain Manager
Certifications by State of Mississippi:
- State Licensed Residential Contractor
- State Licensed General Contractor
- State Licensed Construction Management
- Residential Rehabilitation Housing Inspector
Courses completed at: Emergency Management Institute and Mississippi Emergency Management Agency:
- Managing Flood Plain Development for NFIP
- Digital Hazard Data Course
- Community Rating Service
- Hurricane Resistant Construction
- Hazard Mitigation
Additional Certifications and Licenses:
- Certified 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Inspector
- Bonded Builders Home Warranty Inspector
- Fundamentals of Engineered Lumber Products- Truss Joist MacMillan
- Proper Connections- Simpson Strong Tie
- Master Electrician
- Master Plumber
Organizations and Education:
- Past President- Building Officials Association of Mississippi
- Past President- Mississippi Coast Building Officials Association
- Past President- Association of Floodplain Managers of Mississippi
- Past Vice Chair- Code Interpretation Committee for Southern Bldg. Code Congress
- Past Member- Design Committee- SBCCI
- Past Member- International Residential Plumbing and Mechanical Code Action Committee
- Past 18-month term on International Plumbing Code Committee
- Past Member of Board of Regents for the Association of State Floodplain Managers
- Member- International Property Maintenance Certification Committee
- Present sec/tres- Mississippi Coast Building Officials Association
- Chair of National Contractors Examination Committee for ICC
- Member of Advisory Committee- Building Officials Association of Mississippi
- Present Treasurer- ICC Region IX (Elected to Secretary effective Oct 1, 2007)
- Received more than 3000 Professional Hours in code related studies
- Received over 250 Professional Hours in Hurricane Resistant Residential Construction
Mr. Carrigee has taught over one thousand hours of code classes during the past 5 years. This includes, but is not limited to, all phases of residential construction including plumbing, mechanical, and electrical. Mr. Carrigee has also taught classes on building in the Floodplain and high wind construction.
Plan Review and Inspection Experience:
- Key West Inn, Bay St. Louis
- Casino Magic, Bay St. Louis, Construction of high rise hotel
- Casino Magic, Bay St. Louis, Construction of Golf Course and club house
- Silver Slipper Casino, Hancock County, Construction of casino and multi-story parking garage
- Hollywood Casino restoration and addition after Hurricane Katrina
- Island view Casino, Gulfport. Renovation and conversion of part of hotel into casino.
- Island view Casino, Gulfport. Addition to casino including two restaurants.
- Island view Casino, Gulfport, New multi story parking garage
- Stennis Technology Office Building- Consulted to help bring construction into code compliance
About William Carrigee, Jr.
Bill, Jr. joined Carrigee Consulting in 2005 and is primarily responsible for the Company's Construction Management Services. Prior to joining Carrigee Consulting his Project Management experience included 10 years of working as a project manager for Commercial Construction Companies in Mississippi and Louisiana. He was responsible for the estimation and management of many construction projects private, public, and government. This also included working with lenders and other funding sources, reporting to owners and developers, managing disputes between contractors and owners.
Since joining Carrigee Consulting, Bill, Jr. has been responsible for the management and inspection of many large construction projects including Airport Projects, Casinos, manufacturing facility and several other commercial projects.
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, 1999
William Carey College
- Building Officials Association of Mississippi
- Mississippi Coast Building Officials Association
- St. Stanislaus College, Renovation of the Main School Building. This project includes a complete renovation of the 1st floor of the school building, approximately 18,000 sf, and a partial 2nd floor renovation. This project requires careful coordination to keep the project moving aheadwithout any disruptions to areas of the building that are being used.
- Stennis International Airport, Terminal and Hangar. This project includes a 12,000 sf terminal building and, a 25,000 sf hangar and associated site improvements, which include utilities, storm water management, grading, site paving and etc.
- USDA Research Facility in Poplarville, MS. This project included a 60,000 sf research laboratory, several adjacent accessory and supporting structures, integration with the existing facility, access roads, related site improvements which include utilities, storm water management, grading, site paving and etc.
- Cadet Point Senior Village, Biloxi, MS. This project included a multiple unit apartment complex, which was designed for seniors and related site work.
- Biloxi High School Indoor Practice Facility. This project included an indoor weight room, locker rooms, baseball hitting facility and etc.
- Franklinton Elementary School, Franklinton, LA. The project consisted of three new school buildings on the same campus with Franklinton Middle and High School.
- Winn Dixie Marketplace, Jefferson, LA. This project included a new 45,000 sf Supermarket and associated site improvements, which include utilities, storm water management, grading, site paving and etc.
- Walgreens Drug Stores (approximately 10 stores in MS, AL and LA). These projects included demolition of existing structures, abatement of contaminated soils (in some cases), construction of new Drug Stores and all associated site improvements which include utilities, storm water management, grading, site paving and etc.